Thursday, November 24, 2011

0 Dating Advice Im Upset About His Facebook Page Likes

Dating Advice Im Upset About His Facebook Page Likes Image

Ask the Cyber-Dating Expert

Dear Julie,

I met this cute guy online and there was a lot of chemistry. He asked me out at the end of the first date for a second date and I was happy about it. When I got home, there was a Facebook friends request from him. I decided not to accept it as we only had one date and I didn't think I wanted him seeing the details of my personal life.

Finally, a few days later I decided to accept his request and was stunned at what I saw on his profile. It appeared he liked a Facebook page of a site that looked racy. I'm not into these types of things, so I unfriended him, blocked him on Facebook, and canceled our second date.

Did I overreact or did I save myself from a heartbreak? Please help.

Leah


"Dear Leah,"

"Your date was clearly into you, which is why he wanted to be friends on Facebook as well. You should be flattered. Not accepting a friends request after a first date was wise, as no one had agreed to date exclusively so early on. It's natural to want to take a digital peek to see what each other is up to on Facebook. However, you shouldn't jump to conclusion that your guy has a dark side. Contact him and let him know what you saw and ask him if this really describes who he is and what his interests are. "

"Chances are he might not even have realized what he had clicked "like" to and has no idea that site appears on his personal" Facebook page. "Keep it light and friendly as you were the one who canceled the second date and blocked him. Let's see if he deletes that page from his profile or keeps it as a favorite."

You'll know in time if he's your type or not.

"Wishing you much love and joy in cyberspace, or wherever you may roam."

Julie


Do you have a dating dilemma? Are you unsure if your online dating profile shows you in the best digital light? Contact us with your questions and sign up for our Weekly Flirt newsletter for more advice from online dating expert, Julie Spira

Follow @JulieSpira


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates