Saturday, May 25, 2013

0 Buchanan

Buchanan
Buchanan Communication, DeSoto & Natchitoches District, La - Imperial Wicker Submitted by: Karon Mathews mathewss@ix.netcom.com
Frances B. Bloodworth and the AGS

Members of the Written material Authority are in agreement to
give sincere for DeSoto District Civilization to re-post the
afore mentioned letters with the shadowing leader:

You are hereby decided rights, unless sooner than convinced, to publish and rearrangement the Buchanan letters for non-commercial purposes. You require augment the shadowing mention with the notice, "The shadowing
article is from Alabama Genealogical Civilization Reconsideration, Order 9 No. 4 and/or Order 10, No. 1 or Order 10 No. 2. and is copyrighted. It is republished near here with the sincere of Alabama Genealogical Civilization."
Billy T. Attempt, AGS relationship chairman billytgamble@juno.com

Copyright. All rights withdrawn.
http://usgwarchives.net/copyright.htm
http://usgwarchives.net/la/lafiles.htm

A dumpy history: Wilson G. Buchanan is the son of Samuel Buchanan and Nancy Herrington Buchanan; the family resided in the Imperial Wicker community from in the region of 1834-65. Samuel died put on btw 1854-1856.
In 1865 Wilson stirred his family to Brazos Realm TX. At smallest amount of one of Wilson's brothers and two sisters remained in LA. Not assured where/when Nancy Herrington Buchanan died. She is not cadaverous with family in the Buchanan family cemetery in Brazos Realm, so we dependence to find her in LA.

In Row 1836, Wilson returned to Alabama to get married his honey Jane B. Fleming and win her to LA. We have really enjoyed shadowing
their courtship (?) in the shadowing letters.

Karon Mathews
mathewss@ix.netcom.com

#1


OLD Letter TO WILSON G. BUCKHANON
Contributed by: Frances B. Bloodworth

Addressed:


Brooklyn... part of subject is deficient
May 19th

Wilson G. Buckhanon
Natchas La.

Covington Realm May (no date or meeting exact) (1835)

Handy Sir I have engaged up my pen to inform you that we are all in good vigor I receivd your letter on the first day of may you dont direct how lucky we were to near here from you we have a varry large deliver on equip our corn is alter real and out cotten is alter faint your uncle hampton was out clasp at crissmus and he was well and resolute with me one week and he told me if I ever right to you to right how he was maken out and right to him everywhere you was and what you are dooing he has jine the chirch and is alter quickly and dooing well maryan Fleming was married the second day of december and lives in florida twon and Jane is animated with them at this time and liz erstron and James magouring is maired to and lizabeth zinamon and malici etherridg and mary thomas and James Jonges is mairrd to and put on is such talk of william murmur and mary mason giting maired I was down at your uncle miles and your grandmothers they wer all (well?) but your aunt but she was better than she was being you started and your uncle williams family is well and maken out very well set off summit like he wold move to that terrain if he could sell his land he com in three dolars of wandering onst and flew the way I wold be varry lucky to come and see that terrain if it lay in my power but if ever cum a tall it be this fall hampton and Joshua and orlander tines summit like they wold come to and if I doo cum I win every that I can with me for in this I want to remain my set off sends his respects to your set off and requests him to right give my best respects to the family my sisters sends their respects to sisters and requests them to right nothing broaden at present but still atrophy your respectfully

William B. Howard

Note: Exhibit is no date on this letter - Quieten Howard says put on is talk of William Sizzle marrying Mary Mason. Jane Fleming's letter of Oct.
30, 1835 says that William Sizzle married one of the Go without Smiths on Orangey Branch, so this letter was allegedly on paper yet to be that date.
-Frances B. Bloodworth

#2


OLD Communication TO WILSON BUCKHANAN
Continued from Vol. 9:No. 4
Contributed by: Frances B. Bloodworth

Addressed to Mr. Wilson Buckhanan Natchatoches La

Covington Realm Aug the 6 1835


Dere sir these lines will inform you that I got your letter on the 6 of Majestic You can't daydream how lucky we all were to near here fo you we are all in good helth at present. Nancy was married the 27 of May to Thomas Sizzle Cheever and lives in Brooklyn He summit of moveing that terrain and we have got set off nerly in the look at to go and leve his land I think it wold be best for us all I think if nothing hapens we will make enough to move out thare and git land I shall make the rise of three or four
hundred dollars. I hever enjoyed myself lacking as well awareness you spent this terrain as I did yet to be Exhibit is nothing for me to hold myself with Your Uncel William has got a hot Texas excitement on him at this time Mister Fleming summit of to Texas this chilly but he ses he intendes to come to that terrain and look at it first and if you don't be smart you will immoral Jane for put on is a good heaps a picking at her but..put on is danger of giting... straightforwardly. Old misses Hudges is out-of-date. She died the 30th of July. Exhibit has been a gra dele of sicness in this terrain. Denote my best respects to all of the family You require right to me as straightforwardly as you git this Zip broaden at present but yours respectfully
William B. Howard

Note: Parts of this letter are deficient. The deficient parts are indicated by...Addressed to Mr. W. G.Buchan..., Happiness Louisiana, Natchitoches, Post Volume
Coving Realm Al.. Augus 22 1.... (In black and white in 1835 as verified by other letters)

FBB



#3



Handy Sir


Sooner than a great arrangement of enthusiasm I.... by letter Hopeing you are all well we are all well but set off hee has the excitement but is men.... is a great arrangement of sickness clasp we have had.... grandma and old mr hart is out-of-date and mr.... weatherford and anna Franklyn and we have.... wedings since you spent syd and Mary Elizabeat.... ridg nancy and the doctor mary thomas and James.... I don't direct how heaps broaden we will have for....
girls want to get married but the young men are all.... about clasp the girls wont have them I have ta.... up the terrain and like it very well and one down to Florida but was very disatisfide put on and that is the discourse I havens on paper more rapidly I never conventional your letter until the
28th July Beginning speaks of coming to the sexes soon to look at the place and if he likes he will move this chilly give my best respects to your father and both the girls and tell them both to speak to me and you require speak as quick-witted as you get this letter and let us direct whatever thing about the people in texes ter this as a friendly letter but not a love letter nothing broaden at present but care for your true and demonstrative friend until trouncing yours Jane B Fleming

When this you see revive me still heaps miles in the middle of us be

Surname: Buckhanan
Demur Title: William Howard to Wilson Buckhanan, L,A
Periodical: Alabama Genealogical Civilization Reconsideration
Volume: 10 Number: 1 (January 1976)

Surname: Buckhanon
Demur Title: William Howard to Wilson Buckhanon, Alabama
Periodical: Alabama Genealogical Civilization Reconsideration
Volume: 9 Number: 4 (October 1975)

#4


Addressed: Brooklyn Ala.
21 Nov. 1835

Wilson g Buckhanan
Louisianna Natchitoches
withstand turn-off

Covington Realm October 30 1835


Handy Sir

I now speak you a few lines to inform you
that we are all in tolerable vigor at this time
hopeing that you are all in the dreadfully good vigor
I conventional your finishing letter and you pet my
sentiments on marriage vows I don't feel standing by to
give my sentiments on marriage vows to no person at
this time but hereafter if I doo I will let you
direct it. I have nothing advantage of your attention
at this time but william murmur is maried he
married one of the miss smiths on sickly gush
margaret murmur died the 22 of october and samuel
bradley died the 26 of Oct and we have had
various other deaths in our settlements and a
great arrangement of sickness at this time if you dont
mind thay wont be nary girl in alabama for you
They all get married so fast them that aint married
requests to bee the
top-quality part of them tell the girls howdy and
the rest of the family tell them thay require speak
and you require speak as straightforwardly as you get this
nothing broaden at present but still care for your
true and demonstrative friend until trouncing
Jane B Fleming

#5
Addressed:


Brooklyn Ala
Sept 24th
Mr. Wilson G. Buchanan
Imperial Wicker Louisiana
Natchitoches

Alabama Covington Co. Sept 23 1839
Handy Personal
I have engaged up my pen
considering broaden to speak you I conventional your letter
available in majestic some 2 weeks taking into account and
would have on paper yet to be this time but have
been from home ever since I had to accompany Butler
cort and to boot at Sparta and only got home finishing
Friday night at 2 o measure in the daybreak I was
lucky to fern that times was as well with you all
as it was to boot lucky to clasp all was in good
helth we are all up the old lady is moderately on
the grunt as everyday put on has been broaden trouncing in
this part of gods wine producer in the finishing 3 or 4
months than put on has been yet to be in five time
it is not in the power of me to recolect all at
this time that comes in the extent of boa ;h
counties furthest less commencement of hostilities in the ad unification counties but I will try to give you a few of the
best multi-colored departures Mrs John Maning
uncle Abram Jones Mr. William Gy that lived at
George Stonemans (?) place by Brooklyn Stephen
Floyd aunt darkis Duboss married old Glidewell
finishing February brot 2 babys one energetic the other
out-of-date since boath William Hart washed up his second
youngest daughter finishing week Mr. Prewit that
overseed for the Joneses at I Jewel mans (?)
place maria James Foshur daughter las shrink She
brot him a fine female relation organize to it than
old tempy bad jeopardy and so on times is hard in
this part of the world crops is all cut off
put on was good scenario for cotton crops six
weeks ago to boot for peas and potatoes but it is
all moste out of the question to make origin as it
has not raind any inthe two finishing months to do
any good the fact is if it dos not rain straightforwardly it
will be bad time for water the wells has gon dry
Jenerly the water courses is all best stops
put on streams I even to have been in that
part of the world yet to be this time but the
scersity of funding has reticent me from ham it up so I am
in deduction and has not made anything in the finishing
four time to pay a deduction with the force first
banned that has blunt faild thus I bilt a
sawmill on black water and yet to be I maid
anything sold out hired 4 of my boys to the men
finishing January and the dam has been broak all the
time the ansbrook have sold out and leves me out
of accept 1 000 dollars which will all best make
a drivel of me as I am in deduction and nothing to pay
with but my land-dwelling I will make ten or twelve
personal belongings of cotton but citizens will be but a drop in
the container towards the funding I owe the fact is I
am out of hart as nothing I try at seems to
wield I have got a good school convenint to me
the litter is all leave-taking but the 2 finishing margret
outlern any fight that ever I saw has been leave-taking
4 weeks can spell any word in the book she by
test Dock saying his enlarge over
lernt it first Judg Jones represents us in the
legislature again doctor Ballard ran but was
junior crushed than Dosier or Howard by 20 votes
Howard is up for adjoining meeting you assumed in your
letter that you had not had one from me in a
long time it is strange you cant git my letters
I am assured I have on paper 3 or 4 in the finishing
twelve months being you git this be shure to
speak to me Ned and Elviry is well I was at Mary
Anns finishing sunday She was in poor health but up I will
come to see you yet this fall if I can put on is
2 men to be bide for put on lives at Hour year
one for clear up the other for negro theft they
movd these trials from Butler and Barber
counties I am compeld to end for want of paper
best faithfully L B Fleming

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates