Thursday, March 10, 2011

0 Author Interview Ivy Devlin

Author Interview Ivy Devlin
Today I am very pleased to welcome Ivy Devlin, to talk about her fabulous, romantic, heart-stopping novel LOW RED MOON - welcome Ivy!1. LOW RED MOON IS YOUR PARANORMAL DEBUT. WHAT MADE YOU VENTURE INTO PARANORMAL YA?"Dumb luck, really--I was thinking about the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood one day (I adore fairy tales) and thought--what if? And that's how Low Red Moon got its start!"2. CAN YOU TELL US A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT 'LOW RED MOON' AS A TITLE?"I had originally called the book Red, but my editor wanted me to change the title. I had no ideas (NONE!) but then, when I got my revision letter, my editor had sent along a CD of songs she'd listened to when she was editing the book. And one of them was Belly's Low Red Moon--which is--well, you can see why the title ended up becoming Low Red Moon :-)"3. WHILE WRITING LOW RED MOON, WERE THERE ANY PARTICULAR HABITS OR QUIRKS YOU HAVE DEVELOPED?"Not really--although I did draw a map of the town so I knew where everything was not just in my head but on paper too."4. AS I WROTE IN MY REVIEW, AVERY NARRATES THE BOOK WITH A VOICE WITH GENUINE GRIEF. WHAT WAS YOUR MAIN INSPIRATION IN CHANNELING THESE EMOTIONS INTO YOUR WRITING?"First, thank you for your amazingly kind review--it totally made my day when I read it! As for writing about Avery's grief, it was part of her story, so I felt I had to write about it. It was so true for her, so how could I not have it there, you know?"5. IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE AVERY AND BEN'S RELATIONSHIP IN ONE WORD - WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?"Explosive! These are two people who connect right away and it's scary for both of them--but they can't deny how they feel."6. WOULD YOU RATHER READ A BOOK ABOUT FORBIDDEN ROMANCE, THE-MORE-YOU-HATE-THE-MORE-YOU-LOVE ROMANCE OR A BEST-FRIEND-TURNED-BOYFRIEND ROMANCE?"ooooh! Forbidden, I think."7. IN RETROSPECT, WAS THERE ANY PART OF THE BOOK YOU WISHED YOU HAVE WRITTEN DIFFERENTLY?"I can't read my own writing--you know how some authors can't read reviews? I can read those, but I can't read my own book! Go figure :-)"8. CAN YOU GIVE US A LITTLE HINT ON WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT FOLLOWING LOW RED MOON?"There is going to be a sequel--I've turned it in, but I haven't heard when it will be published yet. I'll let people know as soon as I find out, though!""*"Thank you Ivy! To Emma also, for making this interview possible.If you haven't read LOW RED MOON yet, folks, then you should. It's one of the best paranormal YA novels out there! Not to mention its mystery and romance being just as superb :) Check out my review HERE if you need further convincing!I can hardly wait for the sequel - pretty certain it would be worth the wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates