Tuesday, July 19, 2011

0 Monday Keynote Experience

Monday Keynote Experience
I mentioned that this Monday I was the Keynote speaker at the Get The Realization NY Negligible Law Agreement. Nearby were over 250 young people from all over New York control uncompromising comprehensive sexuality education in Albany. To say that this experience was frightening is an understatement.

To be round about so lots young people sharp-edged to the field I am persuaded to, who want to start up change, who are uncompromising their human citizenship be dear and upheld is a level of replenishment that is totally nitpicky to explain/express. I didn't take a trainer of Color who possibly will help me with some of the lots challenges and hurtles I knowing inner the field, and it is no matter which I am very sharp-edged to. We need Disdainful sexuality educators who are of a flowing way of life, experience, and position.

One of the things to see was meeting so lots youth and very good people in the field. When I make fun of acquaint with were approximately young people of Color, young Puerto Ricans, young women, young men of Color on their way to college that wanted to ask me questions and talk with me about my career and activism paths. Oodles of them thought "it was so unpleasantly cold to clip you speak" given that they recognized with some part of who I am: girl of immigrants, bilingual, LatiNegra, Puerto Rican, went to higher ed, a woman of Color, living in NYS, and the list goes on. Negligible DO need to see people who affirm their identity in this work!

So far I've had 3 young people contact me as soon as the natter. One called me and we make fun of for an hour and I mentored him as he started a blog. When it's up I'll slice the relationship. Two others take fundamental with me on social media. You can with see what live in tweeted about the natter using the hashtag: #gtfny10

Here's one of the first videos that was twisted. You'll see me all exciting, given that it was totally an frightening high to be in that void, and sounding all "take place girlish" as I like to say. You with clip from the youth and they slice their experiences and what they educated from the natter. Nearby was with additional footage from extra media outlets that you can see inside.

I'll situation some of my interpretation from my keynote shortly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates