Sunday, February 10, 2013

0 Cathy Plays The Palace

Cathy Plays The Palace
Folks, tonight's the night -- the big Broadway premier and Cathy's a VIP guest! I could not make this up.

I think most of you know the story already but I'll recap: an MPB reader from Australia -- who has yet to identify herself -- phoned into a Sidney radio show, "Afternoons with James Valentine", on his Best of the Web segment. She recommended MALE PATTERN BOLDNESS (take a look) and specifically my parrot videos. Listening to the show that afternoon was none other than the Australian scenic designer for "Priscilla Queen of the Desert", which is about to open on Broadway. "Lipsynching parrot videos?" Give this boy a screen test! Frantic emails are exchanged. And the rest, as they say, is history -- or rather, history happens tonight.

Clearly this did not leave me with a whole lot of lead time yet so much had to happen: Cathy had to be sprung from prison (check), I had to arrange to get the tickets (check), Michael had to press his tuxedo (check), I had to make a new dress for Cathy....

Dear Empathics, on this score I have fallen oh-so short!

You're probably thinking, "well, maybe if he didn't spend all that time having lunch with Robin and coffee with Duane, etc." and you'd be right. The rose-print sateen Comeback Dress is still a work in progress, a gathered skirt hanging forlornly on my ratty dress form. BUT -- there is "another "rose-print sateen* dress!

* I now believe both rose-print fabrics are polished cotton.

And this, my friends, is what Cathy will be wearing this evening, with a clutch bag, velvet gloves, better foundation garments, and some "something" I hope to pick up today at the flea market -- a veiled hat, a fox fur, cubic zirconia briolette earrings-- "something" -- to dress this up a bit more. My mantra is WWCD: "What would Casey do? "Well, Casey would probably whip something together with pipe cleaners, pigeon feathers, and spit, and come up with a Schiaparelli.

I lack these skills. So I am going to do my best and hope that whatever Cathy lacks in the couture department she makes up in charisma.

I know many of you have fashion tips and guidance galore and please feel free to share it, but soon -- I have to make a 6:30 pm curtain. Believe me when I say that I have combed through Cathy's wardrobe carefully and the big gap is in the "event" area. I mean, she has the Eighties jumper, the Twenties flapper, and the Forties working girl frocks. Even when completed, the Comeback Dress is a little too "Once a Year Day" for a Broadway premier, don't you think?

I will have to address this soon because who knows what other big events Cathy is going to be attending in the future? Do you think Anne Hathaway has these problems?

In other news...

You know I'm not one of those bloggers who tantalizes his readers with frustrating "I have a surprise for you but you'll just have to wait to find out" posts. If there's anything I hate it's surprises. Either tell me or move on.

Well, friends, I'm going to tell you, or rather "show "you.

I got the saddle shoes (the blue and bone instead of black and white, which I agreed looked too "Sis boom bah".)

And I got the sewing machine.

WAIT. Did I mention the sewing machine?

That, my friends, is a story for another day.

I must away to the "theatah" and someone badly needs to shave her legs. Tune in tomorrow for all the gossip!

Happy Sunday, everybody -- and happy Spring!

UPDATE: The shoes, vintage originals from Bonwit's...two pair for 5.

UPDATE II: Taking no chances...



Origin: lay-reports.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates