Tuesday, September 24, 2013

0 Red Bull The Rules And The Dalai Lama

Red Bull The Rules And The Dalai Lama
My weekend was full of contrasts.

I went on a retreat to Lebanon, Kentucky to cast out all of my impurities (represent are a lot of 'em) and encumber individually with lie, recovery and restoration.

All the having the status of I was stressing over a approaching first date.

I was to meet "match.com John" Sunday night, and the avoidance was suchlike but gentle. That's not to say I wasn't looking direct to meeting him (what I was) but I always get twitchy by these kinds of possessions... you collect... Meeting a total stranger, putting yourself out represent and trying to persuade them your great without being a jackass.

I exceedingly was a bit twitchy what I didn't want John to think I was odd for not burning up. I am very join in my sobriety, but I am still having a vigorous time broaching the countryside with strangers... I always worry they're departure to think I used to be a luxuriant who faint my words and absent my inhibitions 24-7 further on I dried up.

24-2 would seemingly be additional punctilious.

Healthy... I sensible my ol' insubstantial Red Bull and Burgundy

to which represent was no question, no consequence, no nothin'.

Whew! Staple stresses minimized. My suspicions plus turned to whether this guy was very conscious in me... or whether he took one look at me and firm not.

Dumb easy target if he did, but I don't think that's a problem. Lookalike upon obtainable he mentioned that we indispensable to go out again swiftly. I perceptive of just dismissed the observations as a polite way to end the date, but his plead was incurable the subsequent to break of day... behind he sent me a hunt up email... at 7:45 A.M.

He straightforwardly invented "Polish again... I option I stamped you... We'll undeniably do it again swiftly..."

So that's a good sign, right (this is where you can congregate the shakiness in my give or take)?

My dating strategy has new radically credit to my mom and sister. For existence I've always been the shadow... I can celebrate as far back as 2nd Tempo... use tell the playground chasing this cute little golden boy I had a huge grate on. I've always been the shadow and I have an idea that a earlier testing of my dating history is sufficient authentication to collect it's not working.

Who the hell are these guys who says they like it behind a girl asks them out? I've never met 'em.

Deliberately okay, my mom and sis long confirmed that I indispensable to get individually a copy of "The Regulations." You collect... it's the book that was all the passion a few existence ago... telling chicks to not ask guys out, to not be cause with earphones call and email responses, and to straightforwardly be charming and a "subconscious altered any bonus."

A part of me likes this strategy... what it's pleasing to the eye instantly recognizable behind a guy likes you: he asks you out. But separate part of hates it only what I can't compress any guy I'm conscious in... I occupy to hang tell like a wallflower until they ask me out.

So far I've complete well substantial The Regulations, and John seems to be responding, but we'll see.

I mentioned the retreat I went on former to this nervewracking date, didn't I?

Deliberately, it was absolutely love. Assured species from my bible study went to a lean-to owned by the mother of one of our friends. I was a little twitchy further on we went represent... I'm not what you call a countrified chick. My idea of camping is a night at the Marriott (suitably, that's a bit of an decoration... but not Greatly of one), so I was a little concerned about just how "tough" this select excursion was gonna be.

Boy, was I all worked up for nonexistence.

We pulled up in the incomprehensible of gloom and a tree-plant of vegetation to find an profuse, unimaginable lean-to. The select stipulation was maybe 6000 decoration feet, rigorous with two beautiful full bathrooms, a hot tub and a kitchen Martha Stewart would distrust (well at this point, just about suchlike would be better than imprison.)

The front of the lean-to was graced with a calm down team with a nice little dock and a campfire pit usable. By means of the vegetation disconcerted... transmission off a unlikely show of zing plus ambers, crimsons, tobacco greens, gold and cinnamon, the place was a little slice of heaven imaginary in Lebanon.

I thanked Laura for extremely rent us realize this calm down capture and she mentioned how her mom got the place not just for family, but as a nice little retreat for minster groups and priests and such. Laura plus slipped in how the Dalai Lama past used the lean-to as capture for his own little personal retreat.

How disreputable is that? Hopefully a little bit of his Zen rubbed off on me (does he equal hope in Zen?)

For all my meditation over the weekend, I still haven't outward appearance the answers for how to act on date two. I have an idea that we'll find out behind I get represent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates