Monday, December 5, 2011

0 Single Parent Dating The Older Years

My daughter had her first date (with a boy who drives) and it got me to thinking about how her view has changed as far as dating is concerned. When she was younger I would hide my dating from her because, in her mind, it would have been a much bigger deal than it actually was. It wouldn't have been just a date, it would have automatically been a serious relationship.

Now that she is dating, she can see more clearly that you spend time with someone in a social setting to get to know them and see if you are interested or not. But younger kids know of adult male and female interactions to be more of a mother and father type. At a younger age she would have gotten attached too quickly to any new woman who introduced herself as my date.

This new outlook on dating for her opens up a new level of communication for us to be able to discuss relationships and how they develop. To talk about the enjoyable moments and the disappointments of dating and getting to know someone.

Being a single parent is a job that changes its description as the years go by. As the kids grow some of the old challenges are replaced with entirely new ones. I no longer have to hide my dating from my daughter but I do have to be careful not to set a bad example.



Origin: quickpua.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates