Friday, August 10, 2012

0 India Inspired Accessory

India Inspired Accessory
Last week, I was at the US Tennis Open with family and friends. (The international tournament, which is only a 26-minute train ride from my house, is hard to resist.) One of my over 50 girlfriends was with us and wearing a comfortable cotton jersey dress in solid chocolate brown and a pair of wedge sandals. Her handbag was an Indian design-a sack embroidered with tiny mirrors. I hadn't seen one of those since the 70s. However, my friend's 'look'-the combination of a minimally-styled dress with an embellished accessory-is one of this fall's trends.

An India-inspired accessory-handbags, scarves, and jewelry-is a fun way to "energize" your over 50 look. The secret is to not overdo it with too much Indian styling-that is, a handbag, jewelry "and" scarf-and end up looking like an aging hippie.

A site worth taking a peek at is the New York City jewelry designer SATYA. The designer has beautiful India-inspired jewelry in gold, silver, and gold vermeil (sterling silver components dipped in 24K gold) as well as beaded and jeweled pieces. I got two reasonably-priced Satya gold vermeil necklaces with little charms last spring (pictured below). If you're worried about vermeil holding up, my necklaces are doing fine. The chains are different lengths, so I always wear them together. I just have to treat them kindly-no showers or swimming with them. I'm not a "New Age" type, but I love these necklace's simple design and messages (my charms represent peace, new beginnings). If you'd like to see the jewelry designs in a store, there's a STORE LOCATOR. And if you're in the market for a scarf, the website also has raw silk scarves in beautiful colors.

Personally, I'm a big fan of bangles. Here are a few India-inspired bangles from Jones New York. Click on them to view up-close.

SHABBY APPLE also lovely bangles and other ethnic accessories. Click WOMEN'S DRESSES FROM SHABBY APPLE to take a peek

Credit: pickup-girls-advices.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dating for Average Guys Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates